Home and away galas supported by the club are detailed on the calendar on the Head Coach’s
noticeboard. For supported galas, coaches will advise closing dates, collate entry forms and be on
poolside during the gala.
It is acceptable for swimmers to enter galas not supported by the club, and we now have a
procedure in place for doing so, as follows…
• Consult with your coach to see if it is advisable to do the meet – and if so what events
should be entered
• Advise the Away Meet Co-ordinator – Liz Whyte firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Away Meet Co-ordinator will…
- find out who else wants to attend the meet
- find out what the requirements are for officials
- find someone qualified to supervise swimmers on deck (if required)
- advise when you need to get entries to her by
• You should then complete your entry form and pass to the Away Meet Co-ordinator (with your cheque payment), who will collate and arrange the submission of entries and payments (whether on paper or electronically).
• The Away Meet Co-ordinator will advise parents of acceptances/rejections and any other news regarding the meet.
ENTRIES SHOULD NOT BE SENT INDIVIDUALLY DIRECT TO THE HOST CLUB
This ignores the fact that other swimmers may wish to attend the meet and that most entry forms require signing by a club official. It also risks rejection through not being part of a summary of club entries, and reflects badly on the club for not having done things correctly.