Would You like to become an official?
What is Officiating, What does it entail?
As many of you know clubs rely heavily on volunteers to help them run and without them there would be no competitions = no income = no club.
We asked one of our parents Sam Garnham to record a short video explaining what is involved and what you can get out of officiating.
- You have a ring side seat
- Training is all online initially - the club pays for your training
- Socialising with other parents
- Free tea, coffee, water and lunch
- Discount off your monthly squad fees
- Swim England membership paid for by the club, you only need to commit to 25 hours of volunteering in a year, 1 competition weekend will use up quite a bit of that.
It really is not as scary as it looks.
If you are interested please contact Stuart Lundy, who is our Officials Coordinator, [email protected]
Swim England even have their own Volunteer website which went live back in 2019, link below